One of the toughest battles you can face in life is anxiety. Not only because it can cause havoc mentally and physically, but because it is you against your own mind. The good news is, anxiety can be overcome. And sometimes it takes only a sentence or two in order to get us on the other side of anxiety.
If ever you are worried or stressed and on the brink of a panic attack, I hope you remember these 10 positive and inspirational anxiety quotes to calm you down and cheer on you onward!
1. “P.S. You’re not going to die. Here’s the white-hot truth: if you go bankrupt, you’ll still be okay. If you lose the gig, the lover, the house, you’ll still be okay. If you sing off-key, get beat by the competition, have your heart shattered, get fired…it’s not going to kill you. Ask anyone who’s been through it.” — Danielle LaPorte
2. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.” — Steve Maraboli (Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience)
3. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” — Deepak Chopra
4. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” — Dan Millman
5. “You can’t always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” — Wayne Dyer
6. “It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.” — Hans Selye
7. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” — Steve Maraboli (Life, the Truth, and Being Free)
8. “Worrying is carrying tomorrow’s load with today’s strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn’t empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.” — Corrie Ten Boom
9. “If you gathered up all the fearful thoughts that exist in the mind of the average person, looked at them objectively, and tried to decide just how much good they provided that person, you would see that not some but all fearful thoughts are useless. They do no good. Zero. They interfere with dreams, hopes, desire, and” — Richard Carlson
10. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” — Amit Ray (Om Chanting and Meditation)
Whether you are struggling with anxiety or worries in your life right now or you simply want to fill your being with positive and inspirational words in the back of your mind for the next time creeps back in, the quotes above can provide a lot of power. Like a guiding light, these quotes should guide you through the darkest day of stress and anxiety that holds your hands until you came out of the other side.